MDA National Workshop: Noteworthy: The How, What, Where and Why of Medical Documentation - Frankston
Do you effectively use medical records to support continuity of patient care? Are you confidently avoiding the pitfalls of electronic record keeping and appropriately managing access to patient records?
||Quest Frankston on the Bay
435-437 Nepean Hwy
Frankston, VIC, Australia
||10 Nov 2018 9:15 AM
||10 Nov 2018 11:45 AM
Event long description:
Date: Saturday 10 November 2018
Time: 9.00am – 11.45am
Location: Quest Frankston on the Bay – Nepean Highway, Frankston Victoria
Keeping clear medical records is a professional requirement and an integral part of good quality care.
Given the sensitive information medical records contain, maintaining their security and privacy is vital. Good documentation can also substantially improve the defensibility of a claim or complaint.
- Employ the mnemonic “SOAP” to create logical and appropriately-detailed clinical notes
- Explain the medico-legal requirements around when and how to release information in medical records to others
- Recognise common problems with medical records that can adversely affect patient care and medico-legal outcomes
- Appropriately manage unsolicited information provided about a patient by a third party
- Facilitate secure storage and retention of, and access to, medical documentation.
For further information, please visit the MDA National Website.