Women in Ophthalmology
Women in Ophthalmology Video Series. The informative and entertaining series features outstanding female ophthalmologists from around the world talking about Myths and Realities, clinical or otherwise.
- Webinar 1 – Two Myths and Realities of Glaucoma, Prof Anne Coleman
- Webinar 2 – A Woman in Ophthalmology, Myths and Misconceptions, A/Prof Christine Chen
- Webinar 3 – From Myth to Reality: The Evolution of Therapy for Retinal Venous Occlusive Disease, Dr Julia Haller
- Webinar 4 – Myths and Realities of Eye Care in Africa, Prof Ciku Mathenge
- Webinar 5 – From Myth to Reality: Uveitis, Prof Justine Smith
- Webinar 6 – Direct Ophthalmoscopy, Prof Valerie Biousse
This webinar is brought to you by RANZCO’s Women in Ophthalmology with support from Johnson & Johnson Vision, and produced by Purple Sherbet PR.
Closely linked to the work of the Diversity and Inclusion Committee is the work being done by RANZCO’s Women in Ophthalmology Group. Since being established, the Women in Ophthalmology (WIO) group has undertaken several initiatives to increase female representation on RANZCO committees and in leadership roles, and to help women succeed at all levels of their ophthalmology careers. In recent years, the WIO has established a core Advisory Group to better support female trainees and Fellows, advocating on issues that enable greater gender equality in ophthalmology and medicine more broadly.
During the 50th RANZCO Congress held in Adelaide in 2018, the WIO Advisory Group hosted a lunch to set the strategic direction of the group for the next two years. This was a well-attended event that generated robust discussion and set clear priorities that have been captured in the 2019-2020 Women in Ophthalmology Strategic Plan.
The Women in Ophthalmology encourage all RANZCO Fellows and trainees to connect and support their colleagues and to engage in College activities at all levels. By working together, we are stronger doctors, we are a stronger College, and we are stronger advocates for our patients.
Across Australia and New Zealand, each state now has a WIO Advisory Group representative, they are:
- NZ: Andrea Vincent firstname.lastname@example.org
- QLD: Jayne Camuglia via email@example.com
- VIC/TAS: Anu Mathew firstname.lastname@example.org
- NSW: Stephanie Watson email@example.com
- SA/NT: Aanchal Gupta via firstname.lastname@example.org
- WA: Jane Khan email@example.com
- Trainees: Michelle Tian Sun firstname.lastname@example.org
The picture in numbers:
Last updated: May 26, 2021