Contact the CPD Team
Recognition of Educational Activities for CPD
Providers seeking accreditation of their activity should make an application to the CPD Committee at least six weeks before the activity commences. Application forms can be downloaded using the links below:
Please make sure you save the application form before emailing it to the College. If you don’t, your changes will be lost.
Your application will be assessed based on the following criteria:
- A learning needs assessment was performed.
- The proposed activity has clearly stated aims, and clear and measurable learning outcomes.
- Practicing ophthalmologists were involved in the planning of the activities.
- The activity is conducted in a setting(s) conducive to effective learning.
- The activity provides an opportunity for attendees to participate in the learning process.
- The application contains an outline of the subject to be presented.
- The names and credentials of the presenters are supplied.
- Any commercial interest/activity is clearly stated, and any promotional aspect must be separated from the educational content.
- The attendees are provided with self-evaluation questions at the end of the session.
- The activity includes an evaluation to ascertain if the educational activity fulfills its aims and objectives.
- The academic content is reproduced for participants to refer to at a later date.
- The educational material is provided with the application to allow for review by the RANZCO CPD Committee.
Please refer to the CPD Standard to Ensure Independence of CPD Activities for more information.
More information regarding the RANZCO CPD framework is detailed in the CPD Handbook located in the Learning Management System. The Guide to Surgical Audit and Peer Review provides detailed information regarding the clinical audit process.
Last updated: May 3, 2022