Dr Con Moshegov NSW Branch Scholarship
The Dr Con Moshegov New South Wales Scholarship includes complimentary registration to the NSW Annual Scientific Meeting, accommodation and access to all social events valued at approximately $2,000.
- Be a NSW resident with AHPRA registration
- Work in eye health (junior ophthalmologist, registrar, orthoptist, ophthalmic nurse, optometrist)
- Submit a written statement outlining the benefits they are seeking from attending the NSW ASM
- Submit a written statement outlining how they will contribute to the advancement of collaborative care arrangements, outreach or mentoring.
Closing date for applications is 29 July 2022.
RANZCO is pleased to announce the Alan James bequest and the Trevelyan-Smith bequest have provided funds for 2022 Travelling Scholarships. Open to final (fifth) year trainees and Fellows in their first five years, the scholarships can be used to fund overseas and local Fellowships.
Open to final (fifth) year trainees and Fellows in their first five years, the scholarships can be used to fund overseas and local Fellowships.
- The Alan James Travelling Scholarship is $10,000 to subsidise overseas study for Fellows. Three scholarships will be available.
- The Trevelyan-Smith Travelling Scholarship is $10,000 to subsidise overseas or local study for final year trainees or Fellows. Four scholarships will be available.
In general, your Fellowship should have commenced within the past six months or be scheduled to commence within the next 12 months, with a minimum Fellowship duration of 12 months, although consideration of timings outside these windows will also be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Read the submission conditions and other information in the Application Form.
All submissions must be received (completed) by midnight AEST Tuesday 16 August 2022.
Heather G Mack Scholarship
RANZCO, in conjunction with the Heather G Mack Scholarship Fund, is offering a scholarship of AUD $4,000 for female doctors in their final year of training or who have graduated from the RANZCO Vocational Training Program or equivalent, and who are interested in board governance.
The scholarship is intended to cover the costs of undertaking approved governance courses that will result in the acquisition of new knowledge and techniques to strengthen or enrich the successful recipient’s existing governance skills.
Closing date for applications is Thursday 1 September 2022.
2022 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Māori and Pasifika Scholarships
RANZCO, in conjunction with the Trevelyan-Smith Scholarship Fund, is offering up to:
- TWO scholarships of AUD $2,000 each for medical students (graduate/undergraduate) or junior doctors (PGY 1, 2, 3) who identify as Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander; and
- TWO scholarships of AUD $2,000 each for medical students (graduate/undergraduate) or junior doctors (PGY 1, 2, 3) who identify as Māori or Pasifika.
Applicants should have interest in pursuing a career in ophthalmology.
The scholarships are intended to cover the costs of undertaking ophthalmology surgical or clinical related education, professional development, training and/or research in Australia or New Zealand that will result in the acquisition of new knowledge or skills which will strengthen or enrich their career portfolios.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 14 September 2022.
Last updated: June 23, 2022