There are two HREC application forms which can be completed and submitted to the HREC for review. The HREC encourages submissions to be made one month prior to its meeting dates.
1. Low and/or Negligible Risk Research (LNR)
The LNR application form should be completed for research where:
- The only foreseeable risk is one of discomfort
- There is no foreseeable risk of harm or discomfort
- Any foreseeable risk is no more than an inconvenience
2. Human Research Ethics Application (HREA)
If a study is not classified as an LNR, researchers will be required to complete the HREA.
Examples of research that will require an HREA application is provided on page 2 of the LNR application form (refer above).
The HREA is a concise online application form available at the website link below or https://hrea.gov.au/
Last updated: April 4, 2022