Early 20th century hand blown irrigation bottles with eye bath stoppers
Single mirror. enclosed Rekoss disc and coloured spots, with a black metal handle, in black case with green velvet lining. History unknown.
Contains trial frames and reflecting retinoscope. Originally owned by Dr Bruce Hamilton, Tasmania. Donated by Dr A McKay
This Tonometer was developed from the Maklakov tonometer by Adolph Posner and Richard Inglima in 1964.
The Museum started as a small collection of discarded instruments by Dr Geoffrey Serpell in 1959. Stored at Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital, the collection grew rapidly with donations..... read More
On the 100th anniversary of the outbreak of the first World War it is worth recalling the devastating psychological and physical effects of chemical warfare...read more
Dr. Kevin O’ Day, an ophthalmologist in Victoria in the early and middle part of the last century, accumulated an eclectic mix of animal eyes which he had processed for histology... read more