Select Page

JulEYE 2016

Kirk Pengilly encourages Australians to donate $1 for every year they have enjoyed good sight

For the first time in its nine-year history, The Eye Surgeons’ Foundation, as part of its annual community awareness campaign JulEYE, asked Australians to donate $1 for every year of good sight they have experienced. Outlining this new messaging, a new national community service advertisement (CSA) featuring JulEYE Ambassador Kirk Pengilly gathered significant support from Australian media outlets.

The Eye Surgeons’ Foundation, a national not-for-profit organisation, changed its name from The RANZCO Eye Foundation earlier this year to provide a clearer vision of the vital work it does through Australasia. The new CSA brings that vision to life.

The foundation is recognised for its vital work in medical eye research and sustainable development programs across Australia and the region. This year, the Foundation wanted its call for donations messaging to be more prominent in its annual JulEYE campaign. With 75% of Australians suffering from unnecessary vision impairment and the other 25% needing a cure, it is only through the continued support of world-class research and investment in the future of eye health diagnoses, treatments and cures that the Foundation can continue to make a real difference.

The direct appeal by Kirk Pengilly for the CSA was a concept developed by Morey Media and produced by Brightworks. It was seen via the Seven Network, WIN, Prime 7 and a variety of Foxtel channels across both their metropolitan and regional markets. In addition, Shopper Media Group featured ads in their new SmartLite™ digital advertising panels in over 101 shopping centres across the country. The Foundation cannot thank the individual media outlets enough for their philanthropic support of JulEYE 2016.

The CSA shows INXS band member and Ambassador for JulEYE Kirk Pengilly telling his personal story in what is an earnest appeal: “When I was 27 I almost lost my sight to glaucoma. Had it not been for pioneering eye research and surgery my life would have been very different. We need to continue to fund vital research to find new treatments and cures to prevent eye disease.”

JulEYE is about Australians thinking about and looking after their sight. The Australian community has the power to save our sight and the sight of others — now and into the future. Donations to fund vital research will deliver profound and lasting outcomes in eye health. We implore all Australians to donate and to help us create a future where no one is blind.

Last updated: November 27, 2018

Get in Touch

Do you have any queries or comments about our website, our products or any  of our services?
RANZCO acknowledges our First Australians, the Traditional Custodians of the land
on which we live and work, and pays respect to Elders past, present and emerging.
Gadigal people of the Eora Nation are the traditional custodians of the land
where the RANZCO head office is located.
In recognition that we are a bi-national College, we also
acknowledge the Rangatiratanga of Māori as Tangata Whenua
and Treaty of Waitangi partners in Aotearoa New Zealand.